Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We don't do pets.....UPDATE!

I wrote this post a while back after worrying that Clara grabbing a frog from the pool and not only claiming it as a pet, but naming it ?Patricia? might be yet another sign of childhood trauma/mental illness in one of our children. I never posted it because it was so long-winded and honestly I think I was just trying to work through some of that "mother-guilt/I've warped them" stuff. So if it's too long to muddle through...sorry....it saved me $125.00 in a psych/counselor/visit to moan, groan, whine and try to convince the counselor to convince me that I had not irreparably damaged my kids by depriving them of pets so much that they were grasping at anything non-human, naming it something "unusual" and calling it a pet. I really probably shouldn't admit this, but someone in this family has a freckle on his/her hiney that has a name, but I don't think it is considered a pet. I BESEECH YE....Please don't judge my parenting skills on this.

I do have more upcoming. We may be going to the other extreme....I might be venturing into "livestock"! More to come. I'm just dead tired after spending five days in NC/SC checking on Jordie and Mason/having them try to drown me...(I think they found out they get a few $$$ if we kick-off) Then we had the always special trips to the VA Clinic for my elderly FIL's check-up today. Don't EVEN get me started on the Dental Clinic experience with the over 75 crowd.

Till I can pull some brain cells together......later!

No comments:

Post a Comment